Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these broken wings and learn to fly
- The Beatles

About Alexa
Alexa lives in the far east with her son Tyler and their cat Brownie. She can be reached via email here


In Memoriam
For Smelly and Fish

iTunes

Inspired By

Bulletin Board




Are you pregnant? Make an informed choice!




Abortion Counter from www.1way2God.net

Tell-all Archives

Pregnancy Resources

Single Parenting

Adoption

Pro-choice Resources

Abortion Library

Recovery and Healing

Other Pro-life Resources

Activism

Reads

Pro-life Bloggers

Euthanasia

Credits
Design: Blogfrocks
Photo: iStockPhoto
Powered by Blogger

 
Friday, August 22, 2008
 
Mark Pickup at HumanLifeMatters tells of how his role in his girlfriend's abortion in 1971 still haunts him:
We were both seventeen years of age. She wanted to get married and have the baby. Not me, I was a goodtime Charlie. There were parties to attend, beers to drink, drunken choruses to sing. The prospect of fatherhood would have put a damper on the good times and so I began pressuring my girlfriend to have an abortion.

It worked to my advantage that there were many clairvoyants and crystal ball gazers who predicted a life of dire poverty, welfare and lost opportunities, if my girlfriend made the mistake of having the baby. They told us that if we married at seventeen, I would be relegated to low paying and dead-end jobs forever and a day. I would never reach my potential! That was the conventional wisdom. I remember it well. [..]

My pressure on my girlfriend to abort our baby was intensified until, with nobody affirming the life she carried, she submitted to the hands of an abortionist at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton in December of 1971.

On the surface I was glad to have our "problem" solved and cracked another beer to celebrate the occasion. But something deep inside me did not sit right with what was done to solve our problem. The abortion did not solve "our problem" - it created new ones.

Phrases like 'blobs of tissue' grated against my conscience. Even at seventeen years of age, I knew they were lies. Unfortunately for this Good-time Charlie, I knew better.[..]

My strategy to cope with advocating my own child's death was simple: Deny, deny, deny. This approach worked for most of the next decade.

Alexa swing by at 7:50 AM

    Photo Copyright © iStockPhoto
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks